We are pleased to announce effective January 1, 2020, the USM has a new EAP, GuidanceResources®managed through ComPsych. ComPsych is the pioneer and worldwide leader of employee assistance programs. The USM's EAP benefits through ComPysch’s GuidanceResources® gives eligible employees and their household members immediate access to high-quality confidential support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues.
Visit the HR Website under Employee Assistance Program for more information on the following services offered through the new USM EAP Program:
- Free Confidential Counseling: Employees can call the confidential EAP line about concerns such as marital, relationship and family problems; stress, anxiety and depression; grief and loss, job pressures and substance abuse.
- Work-Life Solutions: Qualified referrals and customized resources for child and elder care, moving, pet care, college planning, home repair, buying a car, planning an event, selling a house and more.
- Legal Support: Speak with on-staff licensed attorneys about legal concerns such as divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt and bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, civil and criminal actions and more.
- Financial Information: Get answers to your questions about budgeting, debt management, tax issues and other money concerns
- GuidanceResources® Online: Go online to access elder and childcare provider searches as well as information on thousands of topics, including relationships, work, school, children, wellness, legal, financial and free time.
GuidanceResources® Online is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are two ways to access GuidanceResources®: